Spend less on your used books by trading some in to us!
Contemporary fiction, Historical Fiction, Mystery & Suspense, Florida, Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy, and Science Fiction. Other categories may be accepted depending on bookstore need.
Only books in very good condition will be accepted. No water damage, musty or cigarette smoke smell, ripped covers/pages will be accepted. In general, we accept gently used paperbacks published within the last five years. We may consider hardcover books and books in other categories. Most hardcover fiction older than six months will not be accepted.
Used Books Purchased from Us
We do not take back in trade every book that is purchased from our store. Reasons include:
- Poor condition – even if a book was purchased here in good condition, it may no longer be acceptable.
- Already in stock – the store may already have enough quantities of a title.
- Low demand – consumer demand for the title is low.
- Local author – we sell only new books by local authors in fairness to them.
- Paperbacks: 20% of the cover price.
- Hardcovers: 10% of the cover price.
Please bring in only one box or bag of books at a time. Write your name and telephone number on a piece of paper and put it with your books. If we can, we'll process your books while you wait, but we may need to ask you to leave them for a day or two.
Used book credit may be used for 50% of your in-store purchase of used books (excluding tax); the other 50% can be paid for in the normal way (cash, personal check, credit card, or gift certificate). Trade credit cannot be used for new items, cards, or gifts. Trade credit has no cash value.
Whatever trade credit you don't use gets banked on your account up to $100. Once your trade credit reaches $100, you must use some of your credit before bringing in more books for trade. Trade credit may be removed if account is inactive for more than two years.